- Gannet Colony - Explore the world’s largest mainland gannet colony on Cape Kidnappers. Travel by 4WD adventure tour, by tractor ride along the beach or for the more adventurous, track the tides and do it yourself.
- Cycling the Hawke's Bay Trails (the “Landscapes Ride” passes the entrance to the Cottages!) - Hawke’s Bay offers endless cycling options. Take a gentle half-hour spin along the coast or a four-day exploration of backcountry roads or something in between – mountain biking, road cycling, easy paths, jumps parks and a range of tracks that cater for everyone from kids to experts. The climate is ideal, almost any type of bike can be hired, and there is a café at every destination. You will be spoilt for choice.
- Architecture - Today Hawke’s Bay is world renowned for its architecture. Most notably its collection of 1930’s Art Deco, Spanish Mission and Stripped Classical.
- Wineries - Hawke’s Bay has been making wine for over 100 years, making it New Zealand’s oldest wine region. Over 80% of the country’s plantings of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah grapes are grown here, earning the region an established reputation for producing high quality red wines. Hawke’s Bay’s warm, maritime climate and varying landscapes also produce some of New Zealand’s richest and most complex Chardonnays. Today Hawke’s Bay is New Zealand’s second biggest wine producing region with over 100 vineyards and more than 80 wineries producing both innovative and classic wine styles.
- Beaches - With 360 kilometres of coastline, Hawke’s Bay has a wide selection of beaches stretching from Mahia Peninsula in the north to Porangahau in the south offering excellent swimming, fishing, kayaking and surfing.
- Golf - From the world-class Cape Kidnappers Course, recently rated no.6 in the world outside the USA, to a choice of championship courses or the challenge of some spectacular rural courses, there is a course for every skill level.
- Farmers' Market- There's nothing fresher or finer than a barrow load of food from the Hawke's Bay Farmers' Markets! Shop for a wide range of fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, bread, eggs, pickles and preserves straight from the producer. A visit to Hawke's Bay is completed by a shopping spree at one of our Farmers' Markets.